Rio Grande Community Farm Seeks Executive Director
- Location: Rio Grande Community Farm, 1701 Montano Rd NW Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Hours: Part time, approx. 20 hours per week
Rio Grande Community Farm (RGCF), established in 1997, is a local leader in sustainable urban agriculture, education, healthy food, and wildlife conservation. RGCF is home to a thriving community garden with over fifty members, hosts a refugee farming project called Tres Hermanas Farm, and is well known for organizing community events such as the Maize Maze and Farmstrong.
We seek an experienced Executive Director who will work closely with the RGCF Board of Directors and local partners to lead, develop and execute strategic objectives for the farm’s expanding programs. The executive director will help diversify fundraising efforts, expand programming, and represent the organization at local events and with partners.
- Develop and implement strategic plans with the board of directors that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Hire and manage other farm employees and volunteers, including the community garden coordinator, contractors, and event management team.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Foster a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization.
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including members, donors, and government agencies.
- Proactively address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect RGCF’s interests.
- Take initiative to grow RGCF’s fundraising capacity and operating budget.
- Track and address public policy issues relevant to the farm.
- A degree in business administration or a related field, or three years of equivalent experience in a management role.
- At least three years previous experience in a senior leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans.
- Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics.
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development.
Other Desired Experience
Farming / agricultural business • Education • Marketing and Public Relations • Fundraising • Event Management and Planning • Public Speaking • Grant Writing • G Suite • Quickbooks • Policy Analysis, In-depth knowledge of best practices in nonprofit management and governance
Compensation will be $25-$30/hr (depending on experience). Healthcare stipend available.
Two weeks of holiday time (40 hours).