Please pick your starts up in-person. Friday, May 15th or Saturday, May 16th at the Rio Grande Community Farm Barn. For more info on the plant sale and COVID-19 precautions, please visit our Plant Sale info page.
Blue Dwarf Kale Planting Tips
- Provide rich, well drained soil. Raised beds will do well.
- Kale likes full sun.
- Mulch and/or weed frequently.
- Harvest as the kale grows.
- Harvests after frosts will be sweeter.
- Sow in early spring or midsummer for a fall crop.
- Pick and eat the outer leaves as the plant grows.