November 13th – FREE Workshop Ticket: Discover Your Great Big Holistic Farm Life
Setting Priorities, Land & Climate Challenges, and Finding Opportunities
Designed for curious, beginning farmers, this free day-long workshop introduces agriculture in the Middle Rio Grande Valley, including environment, community, markets, and farmer goals. Activities will include on-farm tour, guided self-assessment, expert presentations, and panel discussions to examine farming options in the Middle Rio Grande Valley, climate trends, principles of regenerative agriculture, and crop choices matched to consumer demand in local markets, ranging from CSAs to commercial and municipal entities. Participants will self-assess their attitudes about farming as individuals and as members of family and community, thereby identifying gaps and goals for improvement.
- Agricultural climate and trends, now to the year 2100.
- Appreciate the major soil types and irrigation needs in the Middle Rio Grande Valley.
- Farm tour of best practices, infrastructure, and equipment choices.
- Find out how to join markets in the area.
- Consider your attitude about running a small farm involving finances, family, community, and future generations.
Hosted at Los Ranchos Agri-Nature Center, 4920 Rio Grande Blvd. NW
This workshop is free, but space is limited. Please fill out the following information, and then proceed to checkout. No payment is required.
Out of stock