Please pick your starts up in-person. Friday, May 15th or Saturday, May 16th at the Rio Grande Community Farm Barn. For more info on the plant sale and COVID-19 precautions, please visit our Plant Sale info page.
Mint Planting Tips
- Mint is a perennial.
- Mint is tolerant of some shade in New Mexico. It likes morning sun and afternoon shade.
- Mint will spread underground, and can out-compete other plants, completely taking over a garden bed, so be wary. Consider planting it in a large pot. It can even spread underneath sidewalks to find new soil to colonize.
- To extend the harvest season, pinch off the flowers as they arrive.
- Mint can be used to calm an upset stomach, and goes well in salads with lettuce, in , and dried as a tizane.
- Consider growing some Lemon Cucumbers and dill, and combining them in a delicious, cooling summer soup from Turkey called cacik.